|Photo credit: Apple|
‘How are you doing all that? What time are you getting up?’ That was one of my close friend’s reaction to my new 30 Days to 30 morning routine. On the grand scale, I’ve got a big looming birthday to motivate me, but feeling inspired each day is more difficult to maintain (particularly if you’re not a morning person).
That’s when I find music helps… music for my feet, I called it as a kid. It’s not just me. Studies have shown that music can motivate you to exercise and disassociate from feelings of fatigue. In fact, picking out your motivational playlist with friends can be fun too (creating a career motivational playlist was part of a great live career coaching session in CareerHMO).
Inspiration is best sought all over and in great quantity, I find. On that note, I’ll share with you my current playlist of favorite tunes to get moving and feeling good and I hope you’ll share a favorite of yours with me in the comments.
Song ― Artist
- Be OK ― Ingrid Michaelson
- Keep Your Head Up ― Andy Grammer
- Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You) ― Kelly Clarkson
- Part of Me ― Katy Perry
- Stereo Hearts (feat. Adam Levine) ― Gym Class Heroes
- Moves Like Jagger ― Maroon 5
- Tonight Tonight ― Hot Chelle Rae
- I Gotta Feeling ― Black Eyed Peas
- Drive By ― Train
- Lights ― Ellie Goulding
- Glad You Came ― The Wanted
- Brighter Than The Sun ― Colbie Caillat
- Forget You ― Cee Lo Green (I love the version sung by Gwyneth on Glee)
- Pumped Up Kicks – Foster the People (My apologies to my dear retired boss Ed who is not a fan of this song as it’s about stealing shoes. Shoe thievery is wrong, and this beat is all right.)
- Raise Your Glass ― Pink
- Waiting On the World to Change ― John Mayer
- Good Day ― Jewel
- New Shoes ― Paolo Nutini
- Suddenly I See ― KT Tunstall
- Dog Days Are Over ― Florence + The Machine
- Just Dance ― Lady GaGa
- Video ― India.Arie
- Say Hey (I Love You) ― Michael Franti & Spearhead
- Smile ― Uncle Kracker
- Dream Big ― Ryan Shupe & The Rubberbands
Nosy Parker reader favorites/suggestions welcome in the comments!
Categories: Cancer Caregiver