The Perfect Pear & Gorgonzola Salad
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
This spectacular salad is a gold medal favorite in our house featuring fresh juicy pears, candied pecans, crumbled Gorgonzola and raspberry vinaigrette on a bed of fresh greens. The original ― and still by far the favorite ― is from the Crow’s Nest in Santa Cruz, where the upstairs Breakwater Bar & Grill offers the salad as an entree with grilled skirt steak! We make constant re-creations of this meal-sized salad in our house and frequently bring friends to experience the original. Here’s how you can make this yummy salad at home too…
- Mixed greens
- Fresh pears, sliced
- Candied pecans
- Crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Raspberry vinaigrette
- Grilled skirt steak or chicken (optional)
- Prepare a bed of mixed greens.
- Top with a medley of pears, pecans and Gorgonzola.
- Drizzle with raspberry vinaigrette.