The strawberry cake I started baking late last night finished in the wee hours. Being night-owls already, Mama and I happily waited up for a warm slice. Heaven!
Many hours later, for brunch, we enjoyed the Strawberry Summer Cake (recipe from Smitten Kitchen) with freshly whipped cream. The rest of the afternoon was dedicated to kicking back with books. I’m reading a novel and Mama is reading about sewing with a serger.
On this day…
- 1 year ago: Unearthing the reading nook
- 2 years ago: Garden arch redesigned
- 3 years ago: Sensitive spots arrived
- 4 years ago: Avo toast to the rescue
- 5 years ago: Baking with Bobbie