I’ll be baking our our special Italian cake with pear and chocolate for my best friend’s 40th birthday later this month, and I needed to complete a practice round. The last time I made this cake, it collapsed a bit, but was still tasty.
Today’s practice bake was a big success! The cake rose properly and everything turned out well. I can’t wait to make it again for my best friend!
On this day…
- 1 year ago: A roll in the grass
- 2 years ago: Ripened in our absence
- 3 years ago: Pulling apart the challah
- 4 years ago: Taking down the shade
- 5 years ago: “Hamilton’s America”