For the month of December, I’ll be shining light each day on some extraordinary women I know. They represent various fields and backgrounds, and I admire each for their passion and strength. These are bold, beautiful, brave women — artists, businesswomen, union organizers, nurses, writers, teachers, movie makers, designers, reporters, and all-around badasses.
Lee Kyung Eun (이경은) goes by Angela for everyone’s convenience, but mostly her own, she adds. She was born in South Korea and moved to California in her early twenties where Cetonia Bath & Body, her artisan body care company is based. She’s a mother of two awesome kids, an entrepreneur, an artist, an introvert, and so on and on.
1. What did you want to be “when you grew up?” You know, every class has the kid who is constantly doodling and making stuff. I was that kid. So I knew that my path must have something to do with creating. But I definitely didn’t see me coming to America to do so, which, widened my world and reformed me.
2. What makes you the most proud of yourself? My kids. Typical answer, you may say. But it’s true.
3. What darkness have you overcome? How did you find strength? I can’t say I have overcome this because it is work in progress. My darkness is that I feed it and let it grow. Realizing the effect of my attitude has on my well-being is how I found my strength.
4. Where will we find you on a Saturday morning at 10 a.m.? High chance that I might be just out of the bed or still in bed. I’m a night owl who wants lunch for breakfast.
5. What makes you smile the most? My family. I tried to think of a less typical answer, but I would be lying if I did.
Today’s #OneGoodThing is sharing this extraordinary woman and our friend, Angela Lee, with all of you! We are stronger together, so let’s shine a light on our extraordinary sisters! If you’d like to participate or nominate a woman to participate, please send me a note or leave a comment! What was your #OneGoodThing today? Please share in the comments! Kindness is Everything.
1 year ago today: Victorian CSI is back!
2 years ago today: Most satisfying season premiere ever
3 years ago today: Homemade latkes with friends