Despite heavy-duty gopher wire underneath the entire planter, these nasty critters destroyed every last cucumber plant last year and ate our radishes and carrots under the soil the year before. So it was time for drastic measures before planting our 2020 garden.
This project has taken months—first removing the arches and lights and then most of the soil from the planter, before cutting and securing the wire to fit inside with stakes and staples. I finally completed these last steps today and began replacing all the soil on top. There’s still some soil to shovel back in, but I made good progress.
On this day…
- 4 years ago (my first Leap Day post): Randomness of strangers