This daily #OneGoodThing was dedicated to celebrating extraordinary women I know last December. Many of the 31 bold, beautiful, brave women featured shared stories of perseverance after abuse, addiction, miscarriages, illness, and loss. They represent various fields and backgrounds, and I admire each for their passion and strength. The series was so deeply inspiring that I felt it needed to live on as a weekly feature in 2020. Each Monday, I’ll introduce you to another incredible superhero—including artists, businesswomen, union organizers, nurses, writers, teachers, movie makers, designers, reporters, and all-around badasses. It’s about finding the extraordinary in each of us!
Meredith Mitnick is the Founder & Lead Career Strategist at MRM Career Consulting where she helps women navigate the job search and pivot to careers they love! Southern by birth and by nature, she is a double Trojan with 2 BAs and her MBA from the University of Southern California. She is also a Certified Professional in Human Resources and a Certified Meeting Planner. She serves on the Board of Directors for Sigma Delta Tau sorority as National Vice President. Meredith lives in Los Angeles, CA with her husband, Benjamin and their 2 children.
1. What did you want to be “when you grew up?” The youngest Grammy winner of all time. And then LeAnn Rimes won it at 14 and I was living in a small town, without a record deal or actual way to get one so I sorta let that one go.
2. What makes you the most proud of yourself? I’ve hit a point in my life where I understand what I bring to the table and I understand that value.
3. What darkness have you overcome? How did you find strength? I’ve always focused on the bright spots. While I’ve had my shares of darkness, I know I’ve been fortunate and choose to take setbacks as opportunities rather than roadblocks. Some days are great and some days are crap, but there’s only so many things you can control. How you respond is one of those things.
4. Where will we find you on a Saturday morning at 10 a.m.? With my kids and husband, likely on my 2nd (or 3rd) latte.
5. What makes you smile the most? My family. I married my college sweetheart and we have two adorable and hilarious toddlers (yes, I know I’m biased, but they’re pretty cute). Some of the things they say and do you just can’t make up. And when they are sweet to one another, it’s just the best thing in the world!
Today’s #OneGoodThing is sharing this extraordinary woman and my friend, Meredith Mitnick, with all of you! We are stronger together, so let’s shine a light on our extraordinary sisters! If you’d like to participate or nominate a woman to participate, please send me a note or leave a comment! What was your #OneGoodThing today? Please share in the comments! And remember, kindness is everything!