Though I’m at least a decent baker, my previous attempts at her beloved spice cake haven’t always been great (and I’ve been unable to acquire the actual boxed mix this time). So I reached out to an online group of home cooks for advice.
It was my first ever post in the New York Times Cooking Community group on Facebook and we’ve been overwhelmed with the kind and generous responses. I read them aloud to Mama, who was incredibly touched! One of these lovely strangers even offered to track down a box and mail it to us!
Today’s #OneGoodThing with Mama was the kindness of strangers online! Many thanks to the folks of the New York Times Cooking Community group on Facebook! Y’all are the best! What was your #OneGoodThing today? Please share in the comments! And remember, kindness is everything!
On this day…
- 1 year ago: Family portraits in art and visitors
- 2 years ago: Appreciating artistry and serendipity
- 3 years ago: Strange little silver lining
- 4 years ago: Mama’s crepe myrtle in bloom
- 7 years ago: Venetian life filled with culture and friends
- 8 years ago: A Love Affair with Gelato