The 3rd of June is an important day in our family. It was the day Mama was diagnosed with a brain tumor and our lives changed completely.
It was several weeks later that we got the pathology and months longer before we understood the prognosis. Yet somehow she’s beaten the odds and we’ve made it to 11 years on this Choose-Your-Own-Adventure together. The days are long, but the years are short. I’m so grateful for each one.
Today we celebrated with a trip to the library followed by a trip through the Krispy Kreme drive-through for free donuts in honor of Donut Day! I was unfamiliar with the “holiday,” but I’m a fan of free donuts.
On this day…
- 1 year ago: A beautiful, difficult decade
- 2 years ago: Happy 9 years to Mama!
- 3 years ago: Peony time
- 4 years ago: 7 year miracle
- 5 years ago: Ferry Building by FaceTime
- 6 years ago: The miracle of a prognosis beaten