An extreme heatwave hit Santa Rosa today making it impossible to do anything. The high reached 114 degrees and still hasn’t gone below 80 at 10 p.m. We stayed home and utilized every cool-down trick we could remember.
Mama and the dogs and I all wore cooling neck scarves. We all stayed inside and as hydrated as possible. Mama and I drank frozen smoothies and iced tea. We also used washcloths dunked in icy Florida Water. And we ran our portable AC during the worst of it.
On this day…
- 1 year ago: Garden-fresh Caprese
- 2 years ago: The best way to start out a September Saturday
- 3 years ago: Our new daily drawing habit
- 4 years ago: Successful pre-trip chemo
- 5 years ago: Paisley cuddles
- 6 years ago: WELL friends visit & blood orange brownies