This afternoon I got dressed and left the house for the first time since my surgery last week. I returned to the hospital to have the 7 staples in my abdomen examined to see if they were ready to be removed. I was extremely nervous because I had a surgical site reopen into a gaping wound about 19 years ago and it left me traumatized. So much so that Mama came with me to hold my hand and help me stay calm today.
Thankfully, we had an excellent nurse, Renée, who expertly removed my staples and taped me closed. I barely felt her handiwork and it has been a relief to have the uncomfortable and itchy staples gone!
On this day…
- 1 year ago: Adorable neighborhood watchdog
- 2 years ago: Trying a new taco truck
- 3 years ago: Mama’s new do & a Burmese dinner
- 4 years ago: Excitement of anticipation and 31 Days of #OneGoodThing
- 6 years ago: The Joy of Shakespeare in Santa Cruz