This weathered seagull statue belonged to my grandmother—an integral part of her nautical-themed den. He’s part of a pair and probably one of my most treasured reminders of spending time with my beloved Mema.
My grandmother’s two seagulls now live in our backyard as a beautiful ode to her quirky style. After watering our garden this evening, I spotted this guy with a water drop on his beak, giving me a funny look, like he was glad of the drink I’d provided. It made me smile and think of my Mema.
On this day…
- 1 year ago: My warm little guardian
- 2 years ago: Crushing my to-do list
- 3 years ago: Tomatoes planted in the afternoon sun
- 4 years ago: Surprise cookbook
- 6 years ago: Joy from a Rescue Dog