Our turkey breast is halfway through a 2-day brining in the fridge, and I’ve chopped the carrots and onions to roast under it. I made rosemary potatoes and a modified version of our family’s Thanksgiving dressing (some call it stuffing). We’ve got a giant batch of homemade cranberry sauce with Grand Marnier. And I baked a pumpkin pie. We are set!
Having relied on Whole Foods’ hot buffet bar for our holiday meals in some years past, it feels like an especially major accomplishment to have made us this mini feast from scratch.
On this day…
- 1 year ago: Goofy time with my girls
- 2 years ago: Saturday evening surprise
- 3 years ago: Mama’s post turkey day tradition
- 4 years ago: A nice Thanksgiving
- 6 years ago: All Buttered Up