When I was a kid, Mama used to take me out for ice cream following any blood work or shots. I’ve never been good with needles so the ice cream was a nice distraction/reward.
It’s a tradition that’s endured, though I no longer opt for the blue bubble gum flavor (which was only enticing because it meant a DOUBLE treat—ice cream and then bubble gum).
After today’s blood work, I picked up a pint of Peppermint Candy ice cream made with liquid nitrogen. Mama and I are both mint-obsessed and the holidays are a fantastic time to find peppermint everything!
Today’s #OneGoodThing with Mama was a long way from bubble gum! Huge thanks to Michelle of Dave’s Gourmet Ice Cream in Santa Rosa for arranging curbside pick-up, helping us reduce our risk of exposure! What was your #OneGoodThing today? Please share in the comments! And remember, kindness is everything!
On this day…
- 1 year ago: Raise Up Extraordinary Women: Emily Kane Miller
- 2 years ago: Paisley’s new pjs
- 3 years ago: Leftover latkes to the rescue
- 4 years ago: Cookie experimenting
- 7 years ago: “Now Then” — A Winning NaNoWriMo Excerpt