Tonight we celebrated the first night of Chanukah with candle lighting, a story, singing, playing dreidel with gelt, latkes with applesauce and sour cream, and jelly donuts.
Mama and I went all out for night one because we were sharing it with a very special friend who never experienced Chanukah before. What a joy to share in our traditions! Also, she loved the themed gift wrap!
On this day…
- 1 year ago: A friendly, familiar face
- 2 years ago: A long way from bubble gum
- 3 years ago: Raise Up Extraordinary Women: Emily Kane Miller
- 4 years ago: Paisley’s new pjs
- 5 years ago: Leftover latkes to the rescue
- 6 years ago: Cookie experimenting
- 9 years ago: “Now Then” — A Winning NaNoWriMo Excerpt