When I lived in San Francisco’s Inner Sunset neighborhood many years ago, I used to frequent a local eatery called Park Chow. Mama and I were both obsessed with a dessert they served—caramel sauce drizzled over ginger spice cake and pumpkin gelato.
To recreate it, we made one of Mama’s favorite boxed spice cakes (we never did discover the mystery sender). I paired it with Trader Joe’s pumpkin ice cream that I found in the back of the freezer and salted caramel sauce on top. Delicious!
On this day…
- 1 year ago: Heatwave haircut
- 2 years ago: Purple fuzzy flowers
- 3 years ago: Blinging out Mama’s ride
- 4 years ago: What a relief!
- 5 years ago: Lemon meringue jar
- 8 years ago: Fractured Lives