For the final day of my visit, I baked a very special cake for my best friend Alyssa’s 40th birthday! I made her a Cake Remer, the pear and bittersweet chocolate cake that Mama and I first discovered in Venice, Italy.
Though the bake didn’t go as well as I’d hoped, I still got a handshake from Alyssa’s husband (we’re all fans of the British Bake Off). The cake was delicious topped with freshly whipped cream. Yum!
Today’s #OneGoodThing was a special birthday cake for Alyssa! What was your #OneGoodThing today? Please share in the comments! And remember, kindness is everything!
On this day…
- 1 year ago: Starry night and polka dot pedicures
- 2 years ago: Beautiful movie about UglyDolls
- 3 years ago: Rearranging my bedroom
- 4 years ago: Vineyards changing color
- 5 years ago: Reunion of families
- 9 years ago: Delicate Shadows