It was part of a medical test that took nearly 5 hours and determined that I have gastroparesis, a digestive disorder that slows or stops the emptying of food from the stomach.
Gastroparesis is why I feel like I have the stomach flu 365 days a year. It’s also why I struggle to eat anything and always feel nauseated. Though it sucks to rack up another chronic illness diagnosis, I appreciate having an answer to why I feel so awful all the time. There is no cure, only treatments to help mitigate symptoms. But still, a diagnosis is progress.
On this day…
- 1 year ago: Interfaith candle lighting online
- 2 years ago: Raise Up Extraordinary Women: Alison Peck
- 3 years ago: A peacock treasure for Mama
- 4 years ago: Divine pumpkin curry
- 5 years ago: Delightful dessert