I’ve been itching to bake and since my birthday is next month, I decided to make a birthday cake.
I used this SmittenKitchen recipe for the cake itself and this one for the chocolate buttercream frosting. The combo was perfect! Not too sweet or too dense. It was just right! And since I used 6-inch cake pans, I ended up with two–one for our beloved neighbors!
Today’s #OneGoodThing with Mama is a birthday cake trial run! I’m still not sure this will be my chosen cake next month, but I’m happy to add this one to my baking repertoire! What was your #OneGoodThing today? Please share in the comments! And remember, kindness is everything!
On this day…
- 1 year ago: Burmese takeout
- 2 years ago: Our neighbor’s duck eggs
- 3 years ago: Emerald Beaut’s first buds
- 4 years ago: Executing my design
- 5 years ago: Care package from the city
- 6 years ago: Abby’s progress in rehab