With a bit of help from a friend, we arranged all of our Chanukah decorations in our living room. We added some white twinkle lights this year to give a more joyful feel to the darker days.
We’re still a couple of weeks early for the holiday but wanted to get in the festive spirit. Our mantle display features menorahs we’ve collected over the years, dreidels, clay oil pots, a nutcracker, Chanukah popping crackers (a la the British Christmas tradition), plus blue and gold tinsel we reuse every year. We even added some turquoise tinsel and white lights over the window.
Though it is all of the same decorations we use every year, it was fun to arrange them differently. The added lights are especially lovely in the evening.
On this day…
- 1 year ago: Dreidels and crackers
- 2 years ago: 1800 days of good things
- 3 years ago: Raise Up Extraordinary Women: Aarika Hess
- 4 years ago: Wreath from Chessy
- 5 years ago: Sweary eggs for Mama
- 6 years ago: Mama finished the book!