When we first started house-hunting in Santa Rosa seven years ago, Mama fell in love with the abundance of bright, beautiful Crepe Myrtle trees lining many streets here.
For her first birthday in our new home, we got two of these gorgeous trees and planted them in our front yard. Each year we eagerly watch the progress of the blooms. Tonight we finally saw enough blossoms to go out and see them up close. Mama was delighted!
Following the trees’ progression through the seasons reminds of me a particular tree from my childhood that Mama and I also watched on our daily commute.
On this day…
- 1 year ago: Frozen pizza made fancy
- 2 years ago: A great day for the movies
- 3 years ago: Our shared fortune
- 4 years ago: Super scalp scrub
- 5 years ago: That feeling when…
- 9 years ago: Finding the Perfect Venetian Home