Needing and appreciating solitude doesn’t change how much I love my mama and feel honored to be her caregiver. Much like a tired mom, I too need a break.
That’s what this time in Palm Springs is for me. This is the longest I’ve been alone in 12.5 years. I’m enjoying the peaceful solitude and freedom. And when my vacation comes to a close, I know I’ll be a better caregiver for it.
Today’s #OneGoodThing is appreciating solitude in Palm Springs! What was your #OneGoodThing today? Please share in the comments! And remember, kindness is everything!
Day 145 of 365. And Now Totaling 2,702 Days In A Row. Here’s the first 366 and the following 365, as well as year three, year four, year five, year six, and year seven of #OneGoodThing Daily!
On this day…
- 1 year ago: Cute reading buddies
- 2 years ago: Handful of homegrown strawberries
- 3 years ago: A tasty, but dangerous discovery
- 4 years ago: Cherries and a gentle adjustment
- 5 years ago: Fluffy challah
- 6 years ago: Going even shorter
- 7 years ago: A special something for Abby
- 10 years ago: Anything but a grey day for Grey Matters
I hear you! You can’t take care of others if you don’t take care of yourself first. Glad to see you enjoying your break.