In the 4.5 years I’ve written this daily blog about #OneGoodThing, it’s been extremely rare for me to miss or “be late” with a post. The last time it happened, it was because I was hospitalized unexpectedly.
This time, a severe Crohn’s flare took me down out of nowhere. Tuesday was actually a pleasant and productive day until my colon started cramping in the evening. I had been looking forward to writing that night’s post. Then suddenly I was on the bathroom floor, heaving and miserable.
Wednesday was a total loss, having been up sick most of the previous night. My only real memory of the day is feeling pleased that I’d managed to cook for Mama before things got bad.
Today I forced myself through two appointments — one to fix a tooth that keeps breaking, and the other taking Mama in for a necessary check. We got through the day. But severe nausea plus 93-degree heat plus face masks are a difficult combo. We are resting now and look forward to resuming our usual search for the good in life.
The #OneGoodThing with Mama from these last three days was getting through them! What was your #OneGoodThing today? Please share in the comments! And remember, kindness is everything!
Day 168, 169, and 170 of 366. And Now Totalling 1,631 Days In A Row. Here’s the first 366, & the following 365, & the third year of 365 good things, & the 4th year of good things!
On these days…
- 1 year ago: Celebrating beach bodies – Turning around disappointment – Double the joy
- 2 years ago: Early infusion – Rewatching a favorite – Going to bed early
- 3 years ago: Mama’s unbridled joy – Delightfully easy, tasty snack – Roses filling our home
- 4 years ago: Our new railing – Flowers adorning our doorway – Fitting into my favorite jeans
- 7 years ago: Looking out from the Guggenheim
I can’t click on ‘like’ for the day you went through!
It has been a rough few days, but I’m finally starting to feel slightly human again. Thanks for the support, Yvonne!