Two wonderful people separately reached out to us concerned about lead poisoning after we unpacked our Desert Rose Franciscan Ware recently. Since these gorgeous dishes are very old, there’s a strong chance of lead in the paint that would make them unsafe to use with food.
Mama and I got a home test kit and fearing the worst, began testing pieces together. To our delight, none of the plates and bowls we tested showed any lead! Whew! What a relief!!! And huge thanks to our friends who reached out and let us know about the danger!
On this day…
- 1 year ago: Makers meeting makers
- 2 years ago: Wrapped in turquoise quilted love
- 3 years ago: Dancing girls, ruffles, and dog smirks
- 4 years ago: Holiday ready from head to tummy
- 5 years ago: New friends in odd places
- 6 years ago: Adorable Boston pillow
- 10 years ago: Smoothie craze hits Venice… sort of